INTERACTIVE ONLINE ENGLISH CLASSES
FOR 50+ STUDENTS
Ten years ago, Tea Time, the first English school for people over 50 in Brazil, has been operating in a welcoming physical space, and in 2020 we started providing online live classes to students from all over the world. The classes are online and in real time with groups of up to eight students.
HOW ONLINE ENGLISH CLASSES WORK AT TEA TIME
– The student receives a link and enters its classroom through its computer;
– When in the room the student will meet all its classmates and teacher.
ADVANTAGES OF STUDYING ENGLISH IN INTERACTIVE ONLINE CLASSES
– The student receives guidance and acquires more skills to deal with the internet and the digital environment. So he becomes more skilled for everyday activities that require the internet nowadays;
– Interactive online classes, since they are not previously recorded, respect and are adapted to the student’s rhythm. They are more humanized and pleasurable;
– The student may study from any part of the world;
– Online classes are a resource that saves time and money, because we don’t have to go to a different place, or face traffic;
– The students have more options, because they can choose to study in a school that best fits their goals and wishes, even if it’s not in the same region that the students live;
– Interactive online classes promote greater language learning for the student. This is because we focus more on absorbing the content being taught;
– Keeping and making friendships is another advantage of the online classes. And, for students living in other countries, it’s an opportunity to study English with their peers of the same nationality and age group.
A WHOLE SCHOOL INSIDE YOUR HOME
In addition to English classes for those over 50, Tea Time offers extra activities that also have Internet versions. Such as:
– Virtual Living Room: online classroom, with room for 10 people, that happens periodically for forty-five minutes. It promotes a relaxed conversation in English with pre-defined themes and guests that bring the most diverse subjects.
– Book Club
– Wine Club
– Themed classes
BUT DO ONLINE CLASSES HAVE THE SAME EFFECTIVENESS OF FACE-TO-FACE CLASSES?
Yes! And there are even more advantages:
With the experience we have gained from giving interactive online classes, we have found that we do not only teach English, but we promote the relationship of over 50s with the internet, with technology and with the demands of the current world.
Among our 50+, those who had little affinity with technologies are learning and figuring out how to use them and this path has been light and fun. Those who already had some previous knowledge are discovering a new way of taking English classes and relating to the world.
Online Interactive English Classes for People Over 50 have proven to be an effective alternative to emotional health in the context of Covid-19.
WHY ENGLISH AND WHY ONLINE?
English is the lingua franca of our time. In other words, it is the means of communication often chosen in multilingual and international contexts. And that includes everyday and personal situations, like the family that now has members living in different countries; grandparents who have bilingual grandchildren; and mature people who want to make the most of life’s experiences – such as reading, watching movies, traveling and talking to foreigners – with more self-confidence and independence.
And do you know what is the most used language on the internet and in any digital medium? English.
Yes, almost 60% of information on internet is in ENGLISH!