INTERACTIVE ONLINE ENGLISH CLASSES
FOR 50+ STUDENTS
In times of physical distance, don’t be talking to the walls of your home; come talk to us!
Eight years ago, Tea Time, the first English school for people over 50 in Brazil, has been operating in a welcoming physical space, but in 2020 we started providing interactive classes online to students from all over the world. There are online English classes in real time with groups of up to eight students.
HOW ONLINE ENGLISH CLASSES WORK AT TEA TIME
– The student receives a link and enters his classroom through his computer.
– When entering the room, the student will realize that it is as if he were entering a physical room, and there he will meet all his classmates and his teacher.
ADVANTAGES OF STUDYING ENGLISH IN INTERACTIVE ONLINE CLASSES
– The student receives guidance and acquires more skills to deal with the internet and the digital environment. So he becomes more skilled for everyday activities that require the internet nowadays.
– Interactive online classes, since they are not previously recorded, respect and are adapted to the student’s rhythm. They are more humanized and pleasurable.
A WHOLE SCHOOL INSIDE YOUR HOME
In addition to English classes for those over 50, Tea Time offers extra activities that also have Internet versions.
– Virtual Living Room: online room with space for up to 10 people that takes place from Monday to Thursday for forty-five minutes. It promotes a relaxed conversation in English with pre-defined themes and guests that bring the most diverse subjects.
– Book Club
– Wine Club
BUT ONLINE CLASSES HAVE THE SAME EFFECTIVENESS OF FACE-TO-FACE CLASSES?
Yes! And there are even more advantages:
With the experience we have gained from giving interactive online classes, we have found that we do not only teach English, but we promote the relationship of over 50s with the internet, with technology and with the demands of the current world.
Among our 50+, those who had little affinity with technologies are learning and figuring out how to use them and this path has been light and fun. Those who already had some previous knowledge are discovering a new way of taking English classes and relating to the world.
Online Interactive English Classes for People Over 50 have proven to be an effective alternative to emotional health in the context of Covid-19.
WHY ENGLISH AND WHY ONLINE?
English is the lingua franca of our time. In other words, it is the means of communication often chosen in multilingual and international contexts. And that includes everyday and personal situations, like the family that now has members living in different countries; grandparents who have bilingual grandchildren; and mature people who want to make the most of life’s experiences – such as reading, watching movies, traveling and talking to foreigners – with more self-confidence and independence.
And even if the current scenario is one of physical distance, everything keeps happening through the internet.
And do you know what is the most used language on the internet and in any digital medium? English.
Yes, almost 60% of information on internet is in ENGLISH!